Mum and Bub Hub
The Mum and Bub Hub focuses on the health and well-being of women and their children. Within this hub there will be a range of specialist consultants in areas such as lactation, IVF, mental and paediatrics. These specialists will be able to assist you with women’s sexual health, contraception, education, infertility, as well as all stages of pregnancy and then into the development and growth of your child.
Our Midwives work closely with doctors who share our philosophy of the importance of midwifery care.
Pregnancy – Antenatal care
The Mum and bub hub offer a unique, collaborative, continuity of care model of pregnancy and post birth care for Mother and baby.
Known as the shared care model of antenatal care, this includes both your Doctor and our onsite Midwifery team.
Antenatal / pregnancy care includes:
- Personalised, collaborative care with G.P. & Midwife
- Appointments Medicare bulk billed
- Pregnancy testing
- Referrals for ultrasounds & blood test all performed within the Hub.
- Regular routine pregnancy appointments with our midwives.
- Pregnancy Immunisations; Pertussis, tetanus and Flu vaccine.
- Guidance and support
- Preparing for breastfeeding
- Referral to other health professionals as required
- Referrals/ collaboration with your birthing hospital, Caboolture hospital, Redcliffe hospital and The Sunshine Coast University hospital.
The care you receive after the birth of your baby is as important to us as your antenatal / Pregnancy care.
To support this transition, we can continue to bulk bill all your appointments with the midwives, including breastfeeding consultations up until 6 weeks of age.
Postnatal care includes:
- 7 day check up for both mother and baby
- Weight checks
- Feeding support
- Referrals to other health professionals as required
Breastfeeding / Lactation support
The mum and bub hub, has its very own lactation dedicated rooms with consultants and midwives, providing bulk billed appointments up until 6 weeks of age.
Lactation services are for:
- Sore/ cracked nipples
- Attachment concerns
- Milk supply
- Baby weight concerns for the breastfed baby.
- Unsettled, reflux, colicky babies.
- Expressing concerns.