World Diabetes Day Event
World Diabetes Day 2019 is on Thursday 14th November. The theme for World Diabetes Day this year is Family and Diabetes, highlighting the impact that diabetes has on, not only the individual but their family and support network as well. By focussing on Family and Diabetes, it is important to promote the role that family play in diabetes management and education.
The University of the Sunshine Coast in conjunction with Health Hub Morayfield presents a special World Diabetes Day event on Thursday 14th November.
Looking after your family: A guide to Diabetes and complication screening
You are invited to attend a presentation by Dr Steven James from USC and discover advice and information for successful diabetes management from members of our Health Hub Morayfield Team. Information booths will be available, staffed by members of our Allied Health team who can provide advice on and information on successful diabetes management. These include:
- Terry White Chemists – Free blood glucose testing
- Health Hub Doctors Morayfield – Free blood glucose monitors for people with diabetes
- Blue Care Live Well Centre – Podiatrist and Dietician
- 1300 SMILES – Dentist and special offers
- hear AUdiology – Audiologist
- Open Minds – Counselling and support for families managing diabetes
- Helen Schifferle- Diabetes Educator – Blood Glucose monitors “how-to” guidelines, Good carbs/bad carbs
Date: Thursday 14th November 2019
Time: 9:30am for guest presentation Light refreshments and information booths from 11-11:30am
Venue: Level 1, Health Hub Morayfield, 19-31 Dickson Road, Morayfield
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th November 2019
See full invitation below.